Caps & Gowns
Cap and Gown Distribution
Gowns and caps are distributed at the JWU Bookstore (see below instructions). Qualifying students will also receive a hood, stole and/or cord, as applicable.
- All grads except associate degree recipients will receive an Academic Hood.
- Honors Program grads will receive an Honors Gold Stole (from the Honors Program Director).
- Undergraduate grads with a 3.4 or higher GPA, as of the winter term, will receive a Gold Cord.
- Undergraduate grads who have participated in co-curricular activities designated by university parameters will receive a Blue & White Cord (distributed by the applicable club or program director).
- Graduates who are veterans will receive a Red, White & Blue Cord to honor their military service (from the Veteran Student Services Associate).
Under the gown, wear professional attire with comfortable dress shoes. Place tassels on the front, right side of the cap. Place the gold hood over your shoulders so no color is visible and then unfold it to expose the colors.
- A Cap & Gown Form - required for most students - is given to you after you attend an Exit Session (see details below).
- A form is not required for some students (see next section).
- Proceed to the Village Bookstore.
Exit Session Preparation
If you have no federal loans or a graduation term of summer or fall, bypass the exit session. Proceed directly to the bookstore when notified via email.
(undergraduate spring grads only)
Complete The Outcomes Survey
- Invitations will be emailed from "JWU Institutional Research" beginning in April.
- Follow instructions to complete this very brief survey, which asks what you are doing after graduation (working, pursuing an advanced degree, etc.).
- PRINT proof of completion.
AS degree students continuing for a BS degree at JWU are not required to complete this survey.