For participation in the May 2019 Commencement ceremony and inclusion in the Commencement program, degree-seeking students must fall into 1 of the following categories:
- The student is awarded a degree in the fall 2018 term/semester or winter 2018–19 term.
- The student is enrolled in the spring 2019 term/semester and, as of March 15, 2019, has an expected degree completion term/semester of spring 2019, summer 2019 or fall 2019.
Names of eligible Doctor of Education (EdD) candidates are submitted by the director of teacher education.
Area hotels sell out quickly. Make reservations early to ensure you have accommodations for this event. The Providence Warwick Convention & Visitors Bureau is a great resource for hotel options, dining suggestions and things to do while visiting the city. There are ample parking facilities in and around the city (rates will vary).
If guests are traveling from outside of the USA, we advise students to provide them with the following documents (allow 1 week processing time):
- Enrollment letter showing expected graduation date,
- Official academic transcript, and
- For international students only, copies of their I-20, F1 student visa, and passport.
Rings & Yearbook
If interested, class rings & announcements are available for purchase. Photographers are on-campus at set dates during the academic year to take portraits of graduating students for inclusion in The Johnsonian Yearbook.
The university expects to hold a meaningful, dignified ceremony. The significance of this day for all graduates, families & guests should be observed with respect. Disorderly conduct, rowdiness or the presence of alcohol or drugs will be grounds for immediate ejection, and may result in a diploma hold.
If you have any questions about commencement, please call 401-598-4746 or email email@example.com.